FAST 2010 Search Server Changing Index Location

I have a 2 Server FAST 2010 Search Server environment. Initially you would have installed with the default location of C:\FASTSearch. Later, if you would like to change the index location, to let's say a SAN Drive where you have mapped a SAN Partition of few terrabytes

Go to FAST 2010 PowerShell of both SPFAST1 and SPFAST2.
Run nctrl status
You should see the relevant services running. In my SPFast2, I have the RTS Indexer service running.

I have changed the FAST Index Location to E: (SAN Partition) in the SPFAST2 machine.
The configuration of index and Filter XML Directories are present in c:\FASTSearch\etc\rtsplatformrc.xml file.
After I changed, I restarted the machine and bingo, I could see the index files moved to the SAN Partition!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Using External Content Types with Stored Procedures with Input Parameters

NAV 2009 Issues in Role Tailored Client