SharePoint Online Developer Resources including Migration from Server Object Model to Client Object Model
SharePoint Online Developer Resources
First up, on Transforming On-Premise Customizations to Online
Homepage: Office Dev Center
SharePoint Add-Ins - Apps for SharePoint are self-contained extensions of SharePoint websites that you create, and that run without custom code on the SharePoint server.
- Get started creating SharePoint-hosted SharePoint Add-ins
- Get started creating provider-hosted SharePoint Add-ins
- Publish SharePoint Add-ins
Note: The name "apps for SharePoint" is changing to "SharePoint Add-ins". During the transition, the documentation and the UI of some SharePoint products and Visual Studio tools might still use the term "apps for SharePoint". For details, see New name for apps for Office and SharePoint.
Office 365 APIs
- Office 365 APIs platform overview
- Create an app with Office 365 APIs
- Office 365 API reference
- iOS Resources for building with Office 365
- Android Resources for building with Office 365
Patterns and Practices
PnP is community driven open source project where Microsoft and external community members are sharing their learning's around implementation practices for Office 365 and SharePoint on-premises (add-in model). Active development and contributions happen our GitHub project under Dev branch and each month there will be a master merge (monthly release) with more comprehensive testing and communications.
Notice that since this is open source community program, there’s no SLAs for the support what we provide from program. There is however highly active PnP Yammer group, where you can get fast support on any questions around the existing materials. If you are interested on getting more closely involved, please check the following guidance from our GitHub wiki: How to get started and contribute to Office 365 Dev PnP program?
- PnP under dev.office.com – http://aka.ms/OfficeDevPnP . One location for all the resources and news around PnP
- PnP GitHub - http://aka.ms/OfficeDevPnPGitHub - main repository
- PnP MSDN pages - http://aka.ms/OfficeDevPnPMSDN
- PnP Yammer group - http://aka.ms/OfficeDevPnPYammer
- PnP Videos at Channel 9 - http://aka.ms/OfficeDevPnPVideos
- PnP training package (videos in Channel 9) - http://aka.ms/OfficeDevPnPTraining
- PnP Guidance Repository – http://aka.ms/OfficeDevPnPGuidance
For latest updates, please refer to: Office 365 Developer Patterns and Practices – August 2015 release.